The following provides access to range of resources associated with the institutional process for supporting USQ staff considering applying for the 2017 Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT). The process started with two sessions
- A information session titled: Am I (or my team) ready to apply?
- A Citations and Awards Workshop to help those who were ready start developing their applications.
Am I ready to apply?
Additional resources that may be of value to potential applicants include
- A couple of papers examining the experience of applying for these awards
Prior, R. (2010). The Hidden Side of a Teaching Award Application. In University Learning and Teachign Futures Colloquium (pp. 1–10).
McCormack, C., Vanags, T., & Prior, R. (2014). ‘Things fall apart so they can fall together’: uncovering the hidden side of writing a teaching award application. Higher Education Research & Development, 33(5), 935–948. http://doi.org/10.1080/07294360.2014.890569
Assessment reports of the 2015
Resources for nominees from the AAUT site
- Writing an award-winning account of your teaching practice
- Evidence checklist for Teaching Awards
- Characteristics of excellent teaching
Citations and awards workshop
(Slides can be downloaded from the Slideshare page)
Ballantyne, R., Packer, J., Smeal, G., & Bain, J. (2003). Review of the Australian Awards for University Teaching: Report to the Australian Universities Teaching Committee.
Israel, M. (2011). The Key to the Door? Teaching Awards in Australian Higher Education.
- Leed’s University document that provided the additional evidence framework (slide 28).