Well, I’ve reached double figures for these updates. The last week has been a slow one, or at least felt like it. The public holiday didn’t help, nor the day off to ponder the new position. Progress has been made, but it just seems slow, especially when compared to what I said I’d do. I’m becoming more used to accepting some progress, be it slow or otherwise, as long as it’s moving forward.
What I’ve done
Last week I suggested I’d try and
- Have completed and posted the section on “Place” – only partially done.
I have completed and posted three parts of this: the introduction, society, and sector.
The remaining sections are:
The structure is there as is the content. I’ve started turning it into prose.
- Types of systems
Some content and I know what I want to write – I think. Still needs structure and turned into prose.
- Lessons from place
Most of the content and structure is in place, need to turn it into prose.
- Be close to doing the same thing for “Purpose”. – some minor progress.
- Perhaps make some headway for another component of the Ps Framework – perhaps either People or Pedagogy. – only very minor changes.
The only other PhD associated blog post this week is related to the literature covered in the Place component and the question of whether or not universities are in crisis and might die. I’ve connected a perspective on that to the limitations of the LMS model.
What I’ll do for next week
I’m going to stick with last week’s aims:
- Have completed and posted the section on “Place”.
- Be close to doing the same thing for “Purpose”.
- Perhaps make some headway for another component of the Ps Framework – perhaps either People or Pedagogy.
Limitations for next week will include the need to spend at least another 2 days thinking about the new position.
3 thoughts on “PhD Update #10 – Dragging on”